PICANet - 2016 Annual Report
The PICANet 2016 Annual Report is due for publication in September 2016, this will be the 13th annual report from the Paediatric Intensive Care Audit Network. This publication will be reporting on PICANet data from the 1st January 2013 to the 31st December 2015.
PICANet - 2015 Annual Report
2015 sees the publication of our 12th annual report, with data presented on 59,642 paediatric intensive care admissions (aged under 16 years) and 1,430 admissions (aged 16 years and over), in the three year period January 2012 to December 2014.
The latest report from the Paediatric Intensive Care Audit Network shows that despite a year on year increase in activity, mortality rates following admission for paediatric intensive care remain very low at less than 4%.This is at a time when only 15% of UK PICUs met the current nurse staffing levels as prescribed by the Paediatric Intensive Care Society Standards. Recent data from across the NHS has highlighted the use of Agency and Bank nursing staff and there are similar findings in Paediatric Intensive Care.
Download the 2015 PICANet Annual Report here:
- PICANet 2015 Annual Report - Summary Report
- PICANet 2015 Annual Report - Lay Report
- PICANet 2015 Annual Report - Tables & Figures (pdf file)
- PICANet 2015 Annual Report - Tables & Figures (excel file)
- PICANet 2015 Annual Report - SMR Tables Correction Dec 2015 (excel file)
- PICANet 2015 Annual Report - Appendices
- PICANet 2015 Republic of Ireland Report
- PICANet 2015 Northern Ireland Report
- PICANet 2015 Scotland Report
- PICANet 2015 Wales Report
For previous reports visit the Annual Report Archive